Monday, May 17, 2010

Blue Jay







So I lost someone who was very near to my heart last summer. You know the old saying, You never really know what you have lost until its gone....or something along that line. I know what it means now. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss my grandpa. He was one of the coolest guys I know. Everytime I hear a bird chriping or even look at the leaves on the trees this spring I think of him. The birds chirping makes me think of him because he would always sit outside and "talk" to the birds by whistling which sounded very much like a bird chirping. And him and my grandma lived in Florida for 6 months out of the year. And I would always ask him when were they going to come home to Indiana, and he always said when the leaves are back on the trees. This was the first time that the leaves were back but he wasn't. I know that he is in a better place with no pain and watching over me and my family (enjoying it getting bigger and bigger.)





The first on is a Blue Jay that I saw in my neighbors yard that reminded me of him. The second one is him when he was in the Air Force.

2 comments:

  1. We're flying out of FWA for vacation, I'm pretty pumped to see what you told me about your grandpa in there. Do you know whereabouts it is? That is an awesome picture to have, I wish I had stuff like that.
    :)
    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I think it is upstairs with all the other history stuff! If you find it can you take a picture of it for me? His name was Paul Meyers.

    ReplyDelete